If you have a sweet-tooth like me, it can be hard to avoid desserts like chocolate chip cookies! Luckily, I experimented a bit and came up with this amazing recipe for vegan, gluten-free, nut free, low sugar double chocolate chip cookies. Many cookie recipes use nut butters, so for those with nut allergies or who are looking for an alternative I decided to use sun butter for this recipe.
Amazing Vegan, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Low Sugar healthy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Makes 18 cookies.
1.25 cups brown rice flour
4 tablespoons erythritol
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons sun butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut milk
12 drops liquid Stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla
50 g Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Put wet ingredients in mixing bowl and mix on medium speed for one minute.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix for 30 seconds.
- Slowly mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop 1 heaping tablespoon full of dough into greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 14 minutes.
3 g fat
12 g total carb
10 g net carb
2 g fiber
Less than 1 g sugar
2 g protein
112 mg sodium
Watch my YouTube video about making this recipe here:
Check out my other healthy recipes here.