This protein waffle recipe is my favorite breakfast to make and is actually an original recipe I created! It’s a filling breakfast to start the morning that tastes good and is good for you.
The protein waffle recipe I make is vegan and gluten free. The “flax egg” is a great alternative for those looking to avoid eggs. It creates the same consistency and texture of an egg, making it perfect for baking. Pea protein is a great source or both protein and iron.
Gluten Free Vegan Protein Waffle Recipe
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 40 grams pea protein (unflavored)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3-1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- Stevia and cinnamon to taste
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray to grease and turn on to medium-high heat.
- Mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons warm water and let sit for 2 minutes to make a “flax egg”.
- Mix oat flour, pea protein, baking powder, and flax egg.
- Slowly stir in almond milk, mixing in just enough until a thick batter consistency develops.
- Pour into waffle iron and cook (I cook mine on medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes).
- Take off waffle, add vegan butter and liberally sprinkle on Stevia and cinnamon to taste.
Feel free to experiment with other flavors, add fruit, or whatever else you think. Please let me know what you think if you make these waffles!
Check out my other healthy recipes here.